This is basically what we’ve done those last weeks :
Improvements and fixes :
- Improved loading speed greatly
- Going way more mobile friendly with much less bandwidth consummed while loading and browsing
- Added windows 10 tile icons
- Raised activity font size and padding for a better readability
- For desktop and tablet users, we added an about us menu on the left, as the footer was unreachable due to the infinite scrolling
- Recompressed the whole interface graphics and user uploaded photos
- Website ressources weight reduction, called on demand
- Lazy loading the photos, which means that they’re beeing loaded only when reaching your screen viewport
- Fixed some guides / tours
- Added more tooltips
- Fixed some french translations
Additions and new features :
- Implemented the Activity/Post Preview feature.
No more panic when pressing the “post” button, now you can set up your post and your photos, and preview the result.
- Zoom function on gallery photos
Available for all kind of devices, photos can now be zoomed
- Guide / Tour for activity writing and photos posting
Right below your new post text editor, you will find a link to the guide, explaining the different features of the text editor
- Loading older messages from messenger
Now when you are scrolling to the top of your messenger conversation, you will get the previous messages
- Readmore button on frontpage posts
When the posts are being a bit long, the content will be automatically hidden, togglable with a readmore button
- Implemented the points of interest
Brand new feature that you can use to add and share your favorite places, and mention them in your posts.
As this required a major rewrite of core functions, some bugs might still need to be squashed. As always don’t hesitate to report to us any issue you encountered.
Have a great fckin’ day !
The Mx5i team